Datacentre refresh in Dublin
Following the successful DC build in London on behalf of Amdocs, Carter Sullivan were contracted to perform a datacentre refresh at their site in Dublin.
Amdocs inherited a small datacentre as part of a company purchase an wanted to bring it up to their specification.
Working with Amdocs a plan was put together to
- consolidate equipment into 2 new racks instead of the existing 4
- decommission 4 old racks
- level the floor and replace damaged tiles
- install new PDU’s and STS’s
- re-configure VLAN’s on all floor switches
- remove all old cabling , equipment and racks from DC Room
- run new shorter patch chords from patch panels to switches
- mapped and labeled all network
- remove and disposal of old UPS
- relocate UPS from old London office to Dublin
- install UPS and new bypass switch
- install and connect RAW and UPS power to all new racks
The project was completed over a one week period.
Razi Sharabi Global DC and MFS Engineering Team Manager commented “a special thanks to Ben Faulkner from Carter Sullivan…a great collaboration that will enable business growth and improve our DC efficiency!”